Saturday, January 1, 2011

One One One One


©2010-2011 ~kiasohma
 01/01/11  Yay - we're here to a new year!!   I can't tell you how relieved I am to be out of 2010.    That was one bitch of a year, I'll tell you that.   Actually, things have been fairly rough since the end of 2006, but 2010 was beyond overwhelming.  I am definitely ready for some breathing room.  :)  I think a lot of people are - a lot of people have been affected this past year from the economy, natural disasters, man made disasters and just some plain old stupidity.    Here's hoping for a wonderful year to all of my friends and family.    Let's hope we have the strength to keep volunteering in the rescue world and help save some more lives this year.   I don't know what it is, but there's quite a few in my "group" of friends that are just a little worn out from the physical, mental and emotional toll that fostering can take.     I don't know if any of it is easy.     First we hear about all the dogs that need help, then we take them in and experience first hand the wretched pasts they've faced,  we might need to love and support them while they recover from and illness, and then in the end we have to say goodbye to a little should that's nestled into our hearts.   Nope, rescue work is not for sissies!  AND, there's no pay involved.  We haven't had an adoption event in two weeks and I have to admit I'm loving it!   I think it has given me a much needed rest and respite so I'll be raring to go next week and hopefully we'll find Natsumi a home in the first few weeks of 2011.

Last night JTK insisted that we stay up until midnight - I have to admit I kind of miss the days when he wasn't ABLE to make it midnight.   Now that I have a job where I get to work early, it is not at all easy for me to stay awake anywhere past 11.     I was sooooo ready to go to sleep last night at 11, but I knew if I did JTK would make me regret (again) one of the Christmas presents I got him - a bag filled with air horns from the dollar store!    I don't know what I was thinking - I had to have been possessed by the  spirit of Bob Cratchit or something.   But, we made it to midnight after all and wished each other a happy new year a toasted with some sparkling juice.    As you can see, Suzie was literally trying to rip open the sparkling juice.   I imagine she and Tina used to partake in wine with their last owner.    They're such salty old gals ...

Today I met some friends at a coffee shop and let JTK stay home with the dogs.   He was exhausted after his late night and actually fell asleep for a nap.   That kid NEVER naps so I let him stay home for a little while alone.   Turns out, TRex completely freaks out when I'm not at home and Joey is - he actually howled while I was gone.  I don't think I've ever heard TRex howl in my life.   Of course, JTK had to egg him on to get it on video.    I guess the crazy min pin DOES love me, huh?     I sure love that little stinker.    Yesterday Joey said to me "TRex is never going to get adopted is he?"   My answer, "Sure, he'll get adopted - he'll just be returned like he was last time."  ;)   There's something very sweet and innocent about TRex but I don't think many people have the patience for dealing with his nuttiness.   

This is a pic of TRex mad as anything that Cooper walked into the room - I think ti's teh "clink clink clinking" of Cooper's tags that drive TRex especially crazy.   Sometimes just be difficult, I'll intentionally clink his tags together.   Poor TRex, how in the world is he ever going to become fully recovered if I continue to trigger him? ;)   Here's our little Cooper feeling content that he managed to get PAST TRex and up on my lap.








Happy New Year everyone!!      And thank you to those of you who really helped me get through 2010 - you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment